As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking extra precautionary steps to keep our patients, staff, and community safe.
You will notice the following changes when you visit our office for your appointment:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive for your child’s appointment.
- We’ll ask that you call us when you arrive in our parking lot so that a team member can greet you at your vehicle and complete a temperature check.
- Any patient with a temperature of 100.4 or greater will be rescheduled.
- After the temperature check, a team member will bring you and your child into the office and directly to your child’s operatory. You may choose to stay in your car during your child’s appointment and we will call you when they are finished. At this time, we will not be utilizing our waiting room.
- Parents and children aged 5 and older will be required to bring a mask or face covering and will be asked to put it on prior to entering the building.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you and your child to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We have put up plexi-glass dividers on the front desk and the check-out desk for an added layer of protection
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- You will notice fewer patients in the office, and appointments will be managed to allow for appropriate social distancing between patients and thorough sanitation of the treatment area between appointments. Also, for certain procedures, you will notice our clinical team wearing gowns and face shields in addition to their usual gloves, glasses, and facemasks.
- Because appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing, you may be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We greatly appreciate your patience as we work to accommodate those whose appointments were cancelled due to our closure.
- We have installed hospital-grade HEPA air purifiers throughout the office and have upgraded our HVAC system to include Ultraviolet-C disinfection.
- We are keeping the office a bit cooler due to the extra PPE we are wearing, so please remember to bring a sweater or light jacket for yourself and your child.